IMS treatment – involves the insertion of acupuncture needles at the epicentre of taut, tender muscle bands.
Sometimes these bands can be attached near the spine where they compress spinal segments that can cause nerve root irritation.
Benefits of Acupuncture (IMS)
- Stimulates endorphin release.
- Breaks down thickened muscle tissue or scarring.
- Helps to restore length to spasmodic muscle.
- Promotes normal nerve impulses to the muscle.
- Up regulates electrical amplitude resulting in increased gross muscle fibre power.
Accreditation as a member of
AACP – Acupuncture Association Chartered Physiotherapists
BMAS – British Medical Acupuncture Society